Monday, May 17, 2010

Been working out mostly, but forgot to post...

So I've been working out....but forgot to update the blog. So just a quick update.

Yesterday: Ran for 25 mins and did situps, pushups, squats and some other exercises for about 30 mins.

I've changed my running style to that of professional runners. Learnt that landing on your heels will cause knee, ankle and spinal injury in the future and that professional runners run on the balls of their feet (front half of their feet) while using their heels only for a fraction of the step. This effectively mean that the force transfers to your calf muscle rather than your bone. So if you haven't run this way before, your calf muscle is going to hurt like crazy after the first run. First time I tried this technique, I couldn't run for 5 days due to the resulting pain. Now that my calf muscles are accustomed, the runs are getting easier.

Today: 40 mins of pushups, situps, squats, the plank, stretches etc... Going to continue with the plan I mentioned in my first post as it seems to be working well.

Will update more often in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment